Wednesday 6 January 2010

Parrot AR.Drone - When video games become reality and my brain explodes

It's only the 6th of January so this is essentially a meaningless statement, but I have yet to see anything this year that has impressed me as much as what you'll see in the video below. If it's real and I get to see one in action, it would rival the most impressive things I've been as an adult.



It's a kick-ass helicopter, or quadricopter to give it its proper name, that is controlled via an iPhone or iPod Touch. Stick that in your Nexus One and smoke it.



The AR stands for Augmented Reality, details of the games involved with the AR.Drone, playable again via the iPhone, are on the Parrot AR.Drone site.

They aren't messing about either. Parrot, who have built a reputation around wireless and bluetooth concepts, have spent four years researching and developing the AR.Drone. They've also released a Software Development Kit so that other games using the frontal camera can be created prior to launch.



This just looks like the most fun. It's my 30th birthday soon and I want one.

HT to recombu.

No comments:

Post a Comment