Friday 22 January 2010

Barclaycard Rollercoaster - the follow up to the waterslide

The new Barclaycard TV advert promoting their contactless payment launches this weekend with a big TV spot during Dancing on Ice.

It features a man commuting to work in New York on a rollercoaster, following up from the guy who left work via a waterslide in the previous, highliy successful, Barclays advert.



The soundtrack is 'More Than a Feeling' by Boston, a good bit of 70s rock. The ad is by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and is very slick.

I wonder if there will be a Barclaycard Rollercoaster iPhone Application to follow up the branded Waterslide app which was downloaded over 9.8 million times. Based on that phenomenal success I think I'd be more surprised if there wasn't one.

I'm struggling to find much control from Barclays over the other aspects of the Social Media campaign. There are a few groupd on Facebook celebrating the waterslide but it isn't clear if any are official, and I can't find the new ad, which I took from Brand Republic, on You Tube. I suspect they may be ready today ahead of Sunday's launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment