Thursday 14 January 2010

Nike True City - Foursquare for hipsters?

I was going to post some screengrabs and the like from the new Nike True City iPhone App, but this video by AKQA says everything I could a lot better.



I've had a play around with the app and am now itching to go to Paris with a bit of time to wander round, as well as check out the places on my doorstep I'm not cool enough to know about.

There's a lot of added value here for a tool which essentially only really has the benefit for the advertiser of having a 'buzz' section which counts down the time until a particular new product 'drops'.



There's likely to be a bit of an initial stampede of people claiming landmarks, businesses that want to be associated with this sort of crowd sticking their names down, and attempts by the likes of me to become one of the 'Insiders', if only because they're all kitted out in Nike gear.

I'll be interested to see if this will get the uptake it probably deserves, or if it sits more as an example of polished work. There's even QR interactivity. About the only thing missing is Augmented Reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment